Thursday, June 23, 2011

#22 The Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall

Recommended to 10-12 year olds. YES! The beloved Penderwicks are back! This time, they are splitting up. Daddy and Iantha are going on their honeymoon in England (and taking Ben with them), Rosalind is going to camp in New Jersey, which means leaving Skye as Oldest Available Penderwick for their trip to Point Mouette. No one is very confident that she is cut out for the job... Least of all Skye herself! Accompany Skye, as she takes on the responsibility of OAP and constantly worries about Batty blowing up. Follow Jane and her infatuation, Batty as she makes a new friend and discovers her love/talent for music, and witness Jeffrey getting the biggest surprise of his life!  I found this book very fascinating. I tried to make this a slow read so that I could savor each sentence... It still felt like it went WAY to fast! Just like the last two Penderwick books, I felt as if I had not only met, but had become best friends with the whole Penderwick family! GO PENDERWICKS!!! I think that girls will prefer more than boys.     

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gracie ~ I found your blog from your interview on Shaynie's site! So, I've been reading some of your book reviews and enjoying it very much... it is always awesome to find another book blogger! I love posting reviews myself, and anything else about books that I love.

    I'd like to invite you over to join in my monthly event of "Sharing Our Bookshelves". You are welcome to link up any of your book reviews.

    Blessings,
    ~ Tarissa
    { In the Bookcase }

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I highly recommend Tarissa's blog to anyone looking for good books!

    ReplyDelete